Moroni 7:47

"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."
-Moroni 7:47

Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 65 - Business Visits and Golf

Dear Family,





This last week we had a meeting with our Self Reliance manager and team to consider where the focus should be in 2017. We identified concerns and how to address them, and are now starting to implement a plan which will include training for Stake leaders in our area. We work with some wonderful people who are committed and passionate about extending SR principles to everyone.



Sister Scripture Study started up again after the Christmas/New Year holiday. I am excited that we will be studying the words of the Prophet and Apostles from October conference. I was asked to facilitate the first discussion on President Uchtdorf’s talk “Fourth Floor, Last Door.” I used some quotes from the talk and asked the sisters to answer questions about faith and perseverance. We watched ‘Sedrick’s Journey” which beautifully illustrates a young man’s faith to persevere so he can go on a mission. (It’s one of my favorites that we use in SR. Check it out at srs.lds.org)) At the conclusion I related the missionaries experience of knocking on all those doors to the Savior’s atonement. He too was rejected, suffered pains and afflictions even greater than man and yet He never gave up on us. "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him..." Rev. 3:20. I testify that is true.

We have been attending Anyaa ward again and love the people here. During the week we visited three Anyaa members who completed the Start and Grow My Business class. David raises and sells chickens. He is a talker and had lots of stories to tell! Kwame is a taxi driver, but unfortunately his taxi was recently stolen. He and Elder Lambert discussed cars and wouldn’t you know it, gas mileage (I’m sure our girls are laughing, they know their Dad!) Our third visit was to my friend, Gladys who rents a container selling new and used clothing. While we were at her shop I helped make a sale by suggesting to a customer to try on a certain dress, she ended up buying it! Since David and Kwame had tagged along with us to direct us to Gladys’s place I brought along some banana bread to share with everyone. These people are so sweet, we appreciate them letting us into their lives and sharing their stories with us. Building relationships really is one of my favorite things about serving a mission. I love these people!



Two weeks ago we learned about an 18-hole miniature golf course not far from where we live. So on Saturday we went on a “date” and checked it out. It was great fun, with some challenging holes and the competition was close until Sister Lambert lost her focus and Elder Lambert edged ahead for the win!

Love our mission!
Elder and Sister Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment