Moroni 7:47

"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."
-Moroni 7:47

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 24 - Patience

Dearest Family and Friends,

I believe the theme this week was "continue in patience..." I had to go to Preach My Gospel to remind myself of this wonderful Christ-like attribute as we waited in traffic, learned of postponed meetings, waited in traffic, dealt with some other trials and wait in the traffic some more. (I am kind of a time freak, so the traffic one gets to me if it looks like we won't get somewhere on time!).  PMG says: "Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated or anxious. It is the ability to do God's will and accept His timing. When you are patient you hold up under pressure and are able to face adversity calmly and hopefully. Patience is related to hope and faith - you must wait for the Lord's promised blessings to be fulfilled. You need patience in your everyday experiences and relationships, especially with your companion. You must be patience with all people, yourself included, as you work to overcome faults and weaknesses." I love that great counsel, and have to remind myself to breath and that everything will work out.

We have been working on some fun ideas for a Pathways devotional. Sister Ridges (Pathway missionary) said the students like hands on activities even better than discussions, so we have created a memory-matching game with a twist. The students will match a Foundation Principle card with an Activity card, but they will have to do the "Activity" before the next person has a turn. 

We invited Augustine, who works for the property management company responsible for our complex to our apartment for a gospel discussion. He wants to learn more, so we gave his contact information to the sister missionaries in the area.

On Thursday we enjoyed some time at the MTC, helping missionaries log onto Family Search and enter their family history. Elder Francis from Nigeria and I shook our heads and laughed as we fumbled through the process of entering his names. He was quite unfamiliar with using a lap top but wanted to do it himself so I had to give step by step instructions and we giggled as he repeatedly made small mistakes and I said  "No problem Elder, it's a good thing you know how to repent!"  and then he would hit the delete key! He was easy to joke with, the learning curve came quickly, and it was a precious hour to help him feel the spirit of Elijah, and see his heart turned to his fathers (Malachi 4:5-6).

On Saturday we went to Kasoa stake for a SR program graduation, and the launch of a business council. Some sweet testimonials were born of how the program has impacted their lives. Here are a few quotes...
 "I have learned to keep records, relate better with my customers, and I can still take care of my children. Heavenly Father has blessed me."
"I have learned to persevere through the ups and downs of business. When I get money I pay my tithes every week."
"It has helped me identify my potential. I have gained a testimony of prophets."

On Sunday we began attending the Odorkor ward. We will assist in the Temple prep class and continue to support those in the self reliance groups that were formed a few weeks ago. I know I've said this before but I just love how the saints here sing the hymns; no piano but beautiful voices harmonizing together. It always gives me goose bumps and Elder Lambert and I just look at each other and smile. We love it!

What area of your life can you become more patient in? I challenge you to work on the first thing that comes into your mind this week.
With love,
Elder and Sister Lambert

With Elder Francis
Refreshments after graduation at Kasoa
Only saw one white man here!

No comments:

Post a Comment